Monday 12 March 2012

Literature Research 1

My mission is to deal with the ambiguity of emotional words, distinguishing different meanings interpreted in different contexts.All I found do not seem to be qualified to do the job.

From 6th March, I have been reading academic papers on the subject of emotion recognition. However, what I found is that all the papers I have read only use the statistical method or machine learning to process the text, and "context" is defined as "the previous and the next sentence of the current sentence" by almost all the authors, which is not a satisfactory manner.

There is a hierarchical approach which was proposed in both 2008 and 2010 by 2 groups of researchers might be a way to try. 

In terms of the data gathering part of the project, facebook api and twitter api will do the job. What I need to do is just find out a way to display all the data through a plugin.

No comments:

Post a Comment